The Garlic Experiment

Thursday, February 20, 2014



I left a few cloves of garlic sitting in the windowsill a few weeks ago..

I noticed they had begun to sprout so after making green tea one day I wrapped the sprouting cloves in the wet tea bags.

Every day when washing dishes I would water the little sprouts and each day they would get a tad bigger!To my surprise they quickly began developing roots and today I decided to transplant them.


I purchased small pots that would sit in the windowsill, filled the bottom 1/3 of the pot with tiny pebbles for drainage, the top 2/3's with soil, and put the growing cloves in the dirt.

I will continue to water them and update you all with their progress, but for now I'm just excited to have had them grow this well!


In the middle pot, with the smurf, I planted a few Zinnia seeds to get them started for Spring!

Instagram @kaylawinter.me

© kaylawinter.me. Design by FCD.